Professional Teeth Whitening Kits
For a bright, white smile, professional teeth whitening kits are preferred to tooth whitening strips
and toothpastes for their effectiveness, affordablility, and their long lasting whitening
There are several professional teeth whitening kits available on the market and most of them can be acquired
from your dentist, online or over the counter.
Typically, a professional teeth whitening kits will consist of:
1. A Mouthpiece Tray
These are usually thermo-fitting mouth trays where you will need to dip them in boiling water for 3-4 seconds
and then bite into them in order to mold them to your teeth.
2. Whitening Gel
These are meant to be used together with your mouth trays. Generally they will contain a bleaching agent such as
carbamide peroxide to whiten the teeth. As the active gel is kept in contact with the teeth for a period of about
thirty minutes each day, it oxidizes any stained organic deposits and turn the teeth into a white color. This
process makes the overall tooth color closer to its natural unstained color.
3. Remineralization or Desensitizing Gel
The gels are meant to be use after each teeth whitening session to help protect your teeth from tooth
Are Teeth Whitening Kits Effective?
Most professional teeth whitening kits work if they are used the right way. Over 95% of people who use teeth
whitening kits reported a difference in the brightness of their teeth and many of them are more than satisfied with
the results obtained from these professional kits. After the initial treatment, most people do touchups about once
every 6-12 months.
Advantages Of Teeth Whitening Kits
- They can be used easily by anybody. They are simple to use and they can be use at home which make them
- They are very cheap when compare with expensive treatments at dentists' clinics that specialize in cosmetic
dentistry. These professional teeth whitening kits are priced around $50-$80, while the cost of teeth whitening
at a professional clinic could go up to a $1000 for the entire procedure.
- Some kits can lighten the teeth by several shades within as little as 2 hours. Thus they can be used for
emergency purposes such as a short-notice party or a date.
Disadvantages Of Teeth Whitening Kits
- Teeth whitening kits may cause sensitive teeth and gum irritation.
- You need to have discipline and the time to perform the whitening treatments.
- Teeth whitening kits are not suitable for you if you are pregnant, have gum problems, wear braces, had
recent oral surgery, decayed tooth or have roots that are exposed.