Professional Laser Teeth Whitening
Information about professional laser teeth whitening, how they work to make the teeth whiter in just
one hour, and their pros and cons.
In-office professional laser teeth whitening is the en vogue teeth whitening method today because of the promise
of quick results. Often, just a single session is enough to get whiter teeth, which might take just about one hour.
This is the biggest draw of the procedure, despite the fact that these methods are the most expensive of all teeth
whitening systems existing today.
What does Professional Laser Teeth Whitening Entail?
The following are the three main steps that are included in a laser teeth whitening procedure:-
1. Preparation – During this step, the dental hygienist will first clean and removes any plaque
along the gum line. Next, a rubber dam is placed over the gums to protect them and keep the lips as wide open as
2. Tooth Bleaching – The dental hygienist will then prepare a peroxide based gel to be applied
to the teeth. This gel is effective in whitening stained and yellow teeth. The gel is applied on the teeth in a
3. Laser Activation – Once the gel has been applied on the teeth, a laser light is then used to
activate the crystals in the gel to speed up the bleaching process. Typically, the whole process will usually take
about an hour to finish, and can whiten the teeth by as many as 5-10 shades, depending on the degree of
discoloration you have.
Is Professional Laser Teeth Whitening Effective?
Laser teeth whitening is very effective and most people experience dramatic results after just one treatment.
However, it must be noted that this effect will last for just a few weeks. Usually, the dentist will also recommend
the use of professional teeth whitening kits to help maintain the whiteness of the teeth.
Are There Any Side Effects of Professional Laser Teeth
There are usually no side effects of such a laser teeth whitening when proper preparatory care is taken, such as
keeping the lips and gums away from the laser.
Pros of Professional Laser Teeth Whitening
- The results are guaranteed. The teeth are visibly whiter when the procedure is complete.
- Professional laser teeth whitening is fast. Within 60 to 90 minutes, your teeth can whiten by as many as
Cons of Professional Laser Teeth Whitening
- The high expense is the major stumbling block. In-office laser teeth whitening is the most expensive dental
treatment, and the cost of a single session can cost up to $1000 or more.
- The effects are not everlasting. If proper care is not maintain regularly after the treatment, there is a
strong possibility that the white teeth will become discolored soon.
All in all, a professional laser teeth whitening treatment can truly be your best option to having whiter teeth
fast if the cost is not a problem to you. However, it is always important to keep up the whiteness after the
treatment using other supplementary whitening products.